Quironsalud Teknon Medical Center4.8 out of 5 based on 94 reviews
Joint Commission International
About Quironsalud Teknon
Annually more than 6,000 patients from 100s of countries trust Quironsalud Teknon with their health. Commitment to excellence, provision of the latest diagnostic technologies, top-rated specialties is a few features that make Teknon the top priority of patients. In addition to these multilingual services, a 24/7 contact center and a personalized treatment program are a few other highlight services.
Teknon has been awarded the gold seal of quality "JCI" and the "EFQM" accreditations for outstanding quality management. Due to patient satisfaction and treatment, the Medical Center is one of the few in Spain to acquire these certificates. In today's medicine, research is an essential component. Teknon applies the research findings to clinical trials in keeping with its legacy of excellence. Quironsalud raised the number of research investigations by 25% in 2020, staying at the forefront
What makes Quironsalud Teknon a standout from the rest?
Here are a few facts and figures that state why Teknon is a class-apart:
Awards and Accreditations
- Recipient of the JCI accreditation for 6 times emphasizes that the hospital makes no compromise on the quality of treatment offered.
- Also thanks to the trust of more than 6,000 international patients the IMTJ has acknowledged the services of Teknon for promoting medical tourism.
- Teknon's excellent level of care has been praised by reputable organizations and publications. Health Reputation Monitor 2020 ranked the hospital fifth out of the top twenty hospitals in Spain. Quironsalud Teknon was placed 16th on another Newsweek list of the best hospitals in the world.
- Before setting out for your medical trip, the hospital offers you an online consultation with leading specialists to get a treatment plan. This helps you to plan a trip in a better way.
- Following up on all essential pandemic measures. Quironsalud is one of the first Spanish hospital networks to be awarded Applus +'s "Protected Space Against COVID-19."
Acknowledgement of Doctor's Services
Doctors at Teknon are listed among the best in the world. Their services are not just recognized in Spain but also worldwide. Ranks and ratings from different organizations speak up for the qualifications of Teknon’s exceptional medical specialists.
- El Espanol prepared a List of 100 Best Spanish Doctors for the year 2020. Over 50 doctors on the list were from Quironsalud.
- 6 doctors from Teknon made it to the Coordinates Institute of Governance & Applied Economics List of 100 Top Spanish Doctors.
- Teknon’s Specialists from Cancer Institute, Plastic Surgery, and Cardiac Surgery were ranked in Forbes list of the “100 Recognized Spanish Doctors”
Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, Teknon has upgraded various departments with new additions some of the recent innovations such as:
- Fluorescence-guided technology, for laparoscopic and open surgeries. This intraoperative technology will assist surgeons in making minimal errors during surgery leading to higher surgery success rates.
- Robotic digital hybridization system which will increase the precision of complex neurosurgical interventions
- Teknon’s Cancer Institute which is one of the advanced institutes of Europe inaugurated a new sub-unit. This subunit will aim at the early diagnosis of digestive system cancers
Departments and specialities
Quironsalud Teknon Oncology Center
Using an interdisciplinary approach, oncologists at the Teknon Oncology Center start with a comprehensive diagnosis of patients. This is essentially the first and foremost step in planning an accurate treatment plan. The department employs some of the most accurate diagnostic techniques like a liquid biopsy, imaging techniques, genomics, etc. Patients with the following cancers are referred to the Oncology Center:
- Brain tumors
- Gynecological tumors
- Bone tumors
- GI tract tumors
- Maxillofacial tumors, etc
The Oncology Center further the following specialized Subunits that offer the following treatment procedures:
The Teknon Hematology Unit has leading hematologists with extensive expertise in dealing with different sorts of blood cancers and disorders in adults and pediatrics like
- Anemia, etc
In Spain, the Hematology Unit was the first to use bone marrow transplants to treat such diseases. The department's distinguishing characteristic is that it is certified to do allogenic BMTs from related donors.
The Radio-Oncology Unit has a multidisciplinary team of experts from oncology, radiology, and neurosurgery. These experts focus on selecting a treatment plan with a high success rate and patient suitability. One of the most distinguishing technologies at the unit is the Novalis Shaped Beam Surgery. This is an advanced radiosurgical procedure that adjusts the radiation beam as per the size and location of cancer cells. Such a feature allows the technique to deliver a targeted and focused radiation dose with minimal impact on healthy cells.
Quironsalud Teknon Neurology & Neurosurgery Center
Neurologists and Neurosurgeons at Teknon deal with patients with CNS and PNS diseases. Utilizing some of the latest techniques to plan a customized treatment plan which will yield higher success rates.
The Neurology Unit deals with patients with
- Parkinson's Disease
- Sleep disorders, etc.
Before proceeding with the treatment neurologists carry our diagnostics which include:
- Blood tests, imaging techniques like CT, MRI, neurophysiological tests, EEGs, genetic testing, analysis of the spinal fluid, SPECT, etc.
- A subspecialty of this unit is the Neuro-Rehab Center. This Center offers physiotherapies, speech therapies, etc to patients with neurological issues like Guillain Syndrome, MS, or an underlying issue due to any neurological disease.
- The Neurosurgery Unit on the other hand deals with both brain tumors and spine issues. The unit is well equipped with cutting-edge techniques like cranial base surgery, cervical and lumbar arthroplasty, resection of the brain & spinal tumors, scoliosis surgery, etc. In addition to these, the use of minimally invasive techniques and neuronavigation is another plus point of the department.
- Spine surgeons at the Unit are recognized in entire Europe offering training to surgeons from around the world. Some of the facts that make the Center a standout among the rest are: 300 Spine surgeries performed yearly.
Quironsalud Teknon Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery Center
The Teknon Cardiology team deals with patients suffering from a wide range of CVDs using the latest technologies. All surgeries at the center are performed at state-of-the-art hybrid operation rooms as per the international protocols. The Cardiology Center is ranked as one of the leaders in performing heart surgeries for around 15 years. The Center has successfully performed over 5,000 successful open heart surgeries.
Thanks to the smart cardiac plan which involves a strict measure before the surgery, during the surgery and post-op the center is ranked among the most advanced Cardiac Centers in the world. Advanced procedures performed at the center include:
|Repair of mitral valve||Surgeon successfully perform repair of the valve without replacing it with a 100% success rate|
|Bloodless heart surgery||Done for patients who fear the risks linked with blood transfers a|
|Keyhole heart surgery||Minimally invasive technique with numerous benefits like less pain & blood loss, quick recovery, less complications, etc.|
|Sutureless aortic valves||An alternative for the transcatheter valve that reduce the time of the valve replacement|
|Ross surgery||Suitable for young patients who need a new aortic valve.Pros of the surgery are no anticoagulants required, less complications, etc.|
Another specialized sub-unit of the Cardiology Center that offers the latest diagnostic techniques for CVDs. These diagnostics are performed at well-equipped labs. Some of the technologies used at the sub-unit are:
- Latest X-ray techniques
- Cardiac MRI
- Cardiac Navigator
Quironsalud Teknon Plastic Surgery Center
The Plastic Surgery Center helps to correct the appearance of certain body parts that are affected either due to acquired conditions or congenital ones. The Center follows a similar interdisciplinary approach and conducts a thorough diagnosis before performing surgeries. For female patients the specialties of the department include:
- Breast reduction, augmentation, and breast lift
- A thigh lift, etc
While for male patients procedures like facelift, face contouring surgery, rhinoplasty, otoplasty, etc are offered.
Teknon Plastic Surgery Center has a record of more than 10 thousand successful surgeries. Keeping in view the sensitivity of this area, surgeons use materials that have passed the quality criteria. Also, another distinguishing feature of the center is the quick recovery procedure. This program aims to reduce the recovery time. This helps the patients to get back to their normal routine.
Quironsalud Teknon Orthopedic Center
Orthopedic specialists at the center deal with all sorts of sports injuries, orthopedic tumors, musculoskeletal disorders from hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, hand, etc. The Center offers patients the latest minimally invasive procedures performed by leading orthopedic surgeons. Teknon’s orthopedic surgeons were the first in Spain to perform the treatment for cartilage damage through autologous cartilage. Moreover, this is one of the first Spanish Centers to carry out meniscal transplants, employ MSC arthroscopic technology and perform keyhole surgery using stems cells or PRP. The Orthopedic Center won the award for the best work in orthopedics from the Spanish Arthroscopic Association 4 times.
Quironsalud Teknon Epilepsy Unit
The Epilepsy Unit is one of the main focus areas and is a level 4 center as per the NAEC standard. The Epilepsy Center is the first in Europe to use the neuronavigation technique during surgery.
Epileptologists at the Epilepsy Unit focus on making sure the patient gets relief from the seizures once and for all. Before deciding on the treatment patients undergo an intracranial analysis. Other tests performed at the neuroimaging lab are EEG, MRI, video-EEG, and FDG-PET. The purpose of these is to locate the area in the brain from where the lesions originate.
After the extensive diagnostics, the patients are given anti-epileptic drugs. But certain patients show resistance to these medications. In that case, the neurologists opt for surgical treatment.
For treatment of epilepsy techniques like
- Resection surgery using intraoperative electrocorticography, etc are used
The Center has performed around 627 surgeries after the evaluation of 3147 patients (Stats 1987-2016). Talking about the success rate of the surgery, the results speak for themselves:
|Lesionectomy||80% seizure free|
|Hemispherectomy||70% seizure free|
|Temporal lobe epilepsy||70% seizure free|
|Mesial temporal sclerosis||60% seizure free|
Quironsalud Teknon Assisted Reproduction Center
The Reproduction Institute offers advanced procedures for fertility after careful study by various disciplines. experienced doctors offer you a high-quality diagnosis and personalized treatment plan as per your requirements. The department aims to provide a normal pregnancy in a short time. The latest techniques are utilized for the execution of assisted reproduction safely & effectively. The Teknon assisted reproduction department uses the following techniques:
- Artificial insemination: Selective sperms are deposited in the womb at a time that coincides with the time of ovulation. The main aim of this is the reduction of distance the sperm has to travel to reach the egg.
- Ovulation induction is a basic procedure that initiated the process of ovulation to get the egg released from the ovaries.
- Transfer of frozen embryos; embryos from the previous in vitro fertilization are thawed & are utilized once again for pregnancy.
- Egg vitrification is the most efficient technique that is used for the preservation of eggs.
Quironsalud Teknon Ophthalmology Center
World-class treatment facilities using highly advanced techniques are offered to resolve your issues. Specialists trained according to international standards and the latest treatment procedures are highlights of the institute. You will be provided treatment for, eyestrain, retinal surgery, strabismus diabetic retinopathy, neuro-ophthalmology, refractive surgery, and macular degeneration. Surgical procedures that are offered include:
- ICL lenses
- Excimer laser
- Glaucoma surgery
Doctors of Quironsalud Teknon Medical Center
Complete examination of your heart
Examination of the vascular system
Mammography for women
Computed tomography of the abdomen and pelvis
Examination and assessment
Comprehensive blood test
Food intolerance analysis
Urinalysis and urine sediment analysis
Respiratory function test
Examination of the digestive tract