St. Zdislava Hospital
About St. Zdislava Hospital
The St. Zdislava Hospital was established in 2007 in the calm and beautiful Bohemian Highlands. It is the first hospital in the Czech Republic that introduced robotic surgical procedures and is highly recognized for its robotic prostate surgery. Hence, it is the main reason that patients from all over the world seek multidisciplinary surgical procedures from here.
The unparalleled treatment approaches and implication of the latest research are the prime features. The state-of-the-art hospital infrastructure with efficient and highly qualified doctors, technicians, and staff makes it the leading healthcare space in the Czech Republic with about 150 beds.
Here, doctors provide optimal treatments and diagnostics in a controlled environment. The outclass quality management of the St. Zdislava along with patient-centric approaches are the highlighted feature here. The main priority of the hospital is to employ the latest cutting-edge technologies and services that provide suitable and painless treatment with 200 employee’s contributions.
As it is a multidisciplinary healthcare space, which strongly contributes to the patient's well-being and speedy rehabilitation in which the doctors and hospital environment plays a crucial role. The mesmerizing mountain views from the St. Zdislava Hospital make its infrastructure even more beautiful. You can’t find any other hospital in the Czech Republic with such a view.
St. Zdislava Hospital is well recognized for performing the following procedures;
- Orthopedic operations
- Obesity surgery
- Joint replacement
- Robotic prostate operation
- Kidney surgeries
- Rehabilitation and physiotherapy
- Plastic and aesthetic surgery
Why Choose St. Zdislava?
St. Zdislava University Hospital offers the best treatment and accommodation facilities for their local as well as international patients. There is a preoperative detailed consultation with the surgeon and anesthesiologist before major surgeries.
The private rooms in the hospital are quite comfortable for rehabilitation and under observation purposes. All the necessities are present at once with multi-function beds, wheelchair-assisted bathrooms, TV, internet, wardrobes, and the communication service with hospital staff for further assistance.
Specialized transport and ambulatory service for the patient and their attendants from the airport and hospital are also given. Specialized dietary meal plans with keeping the patient's preferences in mind are available here.
Some of the exceptional features of the St. Zdislava that make it an outstanding clinic are;
- For its exceptional facilities and exemplary services, the hospital has been accredited with SAK (Czech Commission for Accreditation of Medical Institutions)
- The center performs more than 2000 surgeries annually with a success rate
- Annually around 250 patients, both regional and international are treated using a minimally invasive prostatectomy procedure
- The hospital has the aim of preserving fertility in males suffering from prostate cancer with a success rate of more than 79%
- No such advanced hospital is present in whole Europe specifically for performing Da Vinci Robotic Surgery
- In a survey of Czech in 2016, the hospital received the top 3 positions in satisfaction of all; inpatients, outpatients, and staff
- St. Zdislava has world-class doctors available in the region with the presence of Dr. Jaroslav who was the first specialist of Czech to perform Da Vinci operation and is officially suggested by the Da Vinci company
Top-class technology at St. Zdislava Hospital
Digital radiography (digital X-ray) is an X-ray imaging technique that employs digital X-ray sensors rather than standard photographic film. Increased efficiency by eliminating the need for chemical processing and the capacity to digitally transfer and improve photographs are two advantages of this diagnosis available at St. Zdislava. In addition, compared to conventional radiography, minimal radiation is required to produce an image with similar contrast.
Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical operation on a joint in which an arthroscope, an endoscope introduced into the joint through a small incision, is used to examine and sometimes treat damage.
Color doppler ultrasound:
A Doppler ultrasound is a nonsurgical diagnostic that uses high-frequency sound waves (ultrasound) to measure blood flow via your blood arteries by rebounding them off circulating red blood cells. A normal ultrasound produces images by using sound waves, but it cannot show blood flow.
Departments and specialities
St. Zdislava Orthopedic Surgery Department
This department plays a huge role in the progress and success of St. Zdislava Hospital in Bohemia. Surgical procedures concerning the musculoskeletal system and joints are treated here. The best diagnostic procedures in the world are applied here such as Computed Tomography and radio diagnostics such as X-rays and MRI.
- Artificial Joint Replacement is done to replace the damaged joint or bone through metals, ceramic and plastic called a prosthesis
- Arthrodesis is a joint fusion procedure that limits joint locomotion and gives significant pain relief
- Arthroscopy is done to treat bone and joint damage through a minimally invasive laparoscope
- Osteotomy alters the length and shape of the bone to correct the deformity or joint damage
- Hip and knee replacement
- Tissue-guided surgery is a tool that helps in intraoperative navigation towards the target
- 3D evaluation is done before surgery to get an exact idea of the procedure
- Vertebroplasty is used to treat fractured spine where a special cement is injected into the fractured vertebra
Postoperative rehabilitation, as well as physical therapies, are also available for patients to fully recover. European certified implants and equipment in the operation theater are used by well-known companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Zimmer-Biomet, etc.
St. Zdislava Vysočina Robotic Surgery Centre
Robotic surgery using an advanced Da Vinci Robotic system is one of the reasons for St. Zdislava Hospital's popularity. Nemocnice Svaté Zdislava is not the only one providing bed care facilities in Vysocina but also it is one of the most extensive networks for performing robotic operations in the Czech as well as the whole of Europe.
Using this system surgery is performed by robotic hands handled from the console by a specialized surgeon. The equipment provides a deep 3-dimensional view of bodily parts so that surgeries can be performed with high precision and accuracy. Above all, considering that robotic surgery can be costly due to its advancement hospital first analyses if the operation is possible through other surgical means to make treatment pocket-friendly for patients. The equipment is used in treating a large number of complications related to the urinary tract, male reproductive system, blood vessels, and obesity.
There are various advantages of robotic surgery due to which a large number of national and international patients prefers it;
- Shorter stay at the hospital
- Minimal damage to the tissues
- Easily accessible procedure
- Lesser post-operative pain
- Quicker recovery
- Shorter procedure as compared to open surgery
- Less complex
- Can be used for all bodily parts
- Maximizes chance of success
St. Zdislava Bariatric Surgery and Obesity Department
St. Zdislava Hospital is famous for its successful bariatric surgery procedures to manage obesity and overweight. Obesity is the root cause of major cardiovascular and endocrine diseases. This department is the key specialty of the hospital and surgical interventions are done with precision.
Moreover, the use of surgical robotics in bariatric surgery decreases the recovery time due to the minimally invasive incisions that are healed quickly. The advantages of robotic surgery are numerous with no drawbacks.
Bariatric surgery can be done in a lot of ways according to your condition and weight. Frequently done bariatric procedures are:
- Gastric bypass
- Gastric band surgery
- Duodenal switch surgery
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric balloon
- Stomach stapling surgery
Some of these procedures are also carried out through laparoscopy which is also a minimally invasive procedure. For diagnostics, St. Zdislava bariatric surgery department uses high-quality imaging procedures such as ultrasonography.
St. Zdislava Brain and Spinal Diseases Center
St. zdislava hospital provides services of neurology and spinal treatment on an outpatients basis and in a highly sophisticated environment. There are present all kinds of high-tech equipment to make sure that all diseases are diagnosed at the earliest. The department also has the availability of exceptional specialists that have vast and successful experience in their fields. Some of the common diseases treated at the center are;
- Acute spinal cord injury
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Muscular dystrophy
St. Zdislava Urology Department
The urology department of St. Zdislava Hospital in the Czech Republic focuses on urologic diseases in both males and females, andrology and prostate gland disorders in males. Male sexual and morphological disorders such as erectile dysfunction, impotence, and permanent contraception are done through medical as well as surgical procedures. Hence, all the male genital problems are catered here through implants, skin grafting, vasectomy, etc.
Moreover, prostate gland disorders such as prostatitis and prostate cancer. These diseases can be cured through several treatment approaches and techniques in which the robots Da Vinci are also used during major procedures. The St. Zdislava Urology department offers the following treatments:
- Abdominal prostatectomy
- Transurethral resection of the prostate.
- Laser therapy
- Radical prostatectomy
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound
- Frozen Surgery Method
- Urinary tract reconstruction
These mentioned procedures are done in a specialized center of robotic surgery. These procedures have numerous benefits as compared to conventional interventional procedures and also preserves the urogenital system.
As far as urologic conditions are concerned, ST. Zdislava Hospital actively provides excretory system-related treatments and ensures proper diagnosis and proposes a tailor-made treatment plan for every individual patient. Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy is also done here which is a painless procedure used for the breakdown of stones present in the urogenital system.
St. Zdislava Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery Department
Plastic and aesthetic surgical procedures are of the most famous specialty department of St. Zdislava Hospital in the Czech Republic. Most of the major intricate reconstructive and aesthetic treatments are done with the incorporation of optimal approaches. The most famous procedure provided by the St. Zdislava plastic surgery department are as follows:
- Abdominoplasty and lipo abdominoplasty procedures are done for the removal of the excess skin that is left after the pregnancy or weight loss.
- Mini abdominoplasty is done along with liposuction of the hips and abdomen.
- Body contouring excessive fats and muscles are removed from the inside of thighs and arms.
- Gynecomastia is done through liposuction of the enlarged breast tissue in men along with the removal of the enlarged mammary gland.
- The facelift is done to improve and enhance the facial features such as cheeks lift, elimination of fine lines, smoothening of nasal grooves, etc.
- Breast augmentation is carried out through various procedures such as implants, breast reduction, and remodeling of the breast through surgery
- Liposuction is done through tumescent vibration equipment.
The above-mentioned procedures are done in specialized operation theaters that are thoroughly disinfected after each procedure.
St. Zdislava Endocrinology Department
St. Zdislava endocrinology department manages the hormonal disorders of adults and children. The doctors provide special therapies to overcome any hormone deficiency or excessive production. Mainly encountered disease diabetes here which is the root cause of several other problems and infections. The doctors closely monitor the patient’s conditions through tests and other examination approaches.
The other frequently treated disease is related to the thyroid gland. Surgical removal of the thyroid gland is also done here through minimally invasive approaches and equipment.